STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

Saying Goodbye to GCV

This evening I formally resign from Gay Central Valley effective September 2017.

It has been an honor and a privilege to serve this organization for the past six years. I have grown as an organizer, an advocate, and a person. I am so very grateful for the chance to write for the blog, organize events, participate in fund development campaigns, collaborate on cultural competency training seminars, learn about website building, and gain experience through so many other projects and adventures all while enjoying the fellowship of my Fresno LGBT community.

It is time, however, for me to put my passion and creative spark to other uses. I will, of course, continue to be a friend to the organization. I believe in the work that GCV has done and I strongly support the GCV leadership. 

This decision was not made lightly. Tonight is very hard, but I feel that I am doing the right thing.

I am excited about the next chapters of my life (Girl Scouts, Being the mom to a Kinder, Returning to school myself, Focusing on my writing / editing work, etc).

This is definitely bittersweet.


First day as a volunteer at the Fresno LGBT Community Center, spring 2011



No comments: