STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

The Facebook Friendship Test

Meeting new friends is hard.

Let me clarify, making new friends is hard... you can meet people all day long, but knowing if they are good friend material is something else altogether.

How do you know if you have the makings of an awesome friendship or if you would be better off as casual acquaintances... or if you should just fade quickly away?

Well, the time honored way is... time.

And that is all well and good, but there is another way to at least get a rough sense of a person.

Facebook.

In the past year I have friended people and then sat back and let them check out my profile.

The new neighbor
The new potential mom friend I met at Target
The cousin I haven't talked to in almost twenty years.

My profile, in case you can't guess is all

Gay Rights!
Writing!
Atheist!
Feminism!
My Baby Is Annoying and also Awesome'
GAY RIGHTS
Books

So... a pretty clear indication of who I am done in a more *graceful* and complete fashion than I could in one of those "summing up" sort of speeches.

Seeing if I am defriended quickly is an easy way to avoid false hope.

As is the look on people's faces when I give them my GCV business card. "You work for WHO?"

Oh well, better to be up front and no t waste anyone's time, right?

Right.

Making new friends is hard.



No comments: