STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

Mommy Dearest


I’m an evil mommy.

I won’t let Ella adopt (as in bring inside) dirt cods. Rocks, yes. Dirt clods, no.

I won’t let her stick keys into electrical sockets. I just won’t.

Sometimes I have to pee. I don’t even ask to do that alone anymore, I have learned… but sometimes I need to sit down and do that.

I have hidden a few of her books that drive me nuts. I feel no remorse.

I washed her blanket. It apparently smells different (clean) and she is regarding it with distrust while crying.

I won’t let her climb into the dishwasher. I know it looks like fun. I know. And yet…

I won’t let her put pebbles into her mouth. Also crayons. Also cat liter.

I won’t let her tie ropes, ribbons, sashes, scarves, belts or anything else around her neck. Clearly she has a death wish fashion sense and I am stifling it.

Yep. Pure evil.

That’s me.

The adorable little face I can still say "no" to. 

No comments: