STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

2014 Goals: Feb 1st Check In.

2014 Goals... Yeah, I guess I have a few:

Get out of debt.
Finish the novel.
Get funding for GCV.
Run a well organized house.
Lose weight and get healthy.

The question is.... what am I actually DOING to make those things happen?

As of Feb 1st.

Get Out of Debt:. ($12,200 aprox in credit card debt)
Matt and I reworked out budget. We will be paying off credit card debt this year. (Next year is for student loans). We WILL. It is a vow. A vow that means no birthday gifts for anyone (except Ella). Fewer day trips. Les eating out and trips to Panera (and getting less when we do go out.). It means braving the crowds to shop at WinCo. (shudder) It means no new clothes (except, of course for Ella who is growing like the dickens) It means finding ways to cut corners, to turn off the heater and to make every darn penny stretch as far as it can blooming go.

Finish the novel. (Part One: 16,661 words. Part Two: 5,617 words)
Word counts be praised. I am making progress and I am highly motivated to finish. I have two designated writing nights a week (one for GCV and related LGBT stuff, the other for FICTION ONLY). Matthew is being very supportive, but it comes down to me. It comes down to me making the choice to work on the novel instead of watching Glee (a show I don't like anyway) or playing Candy Crush on my phone. It comes down to me staying up a bit later and letting Ella watch an extra episode of George every so often so I can keep writing. Mark my word count, this will happen.

Get funding for GCV (Current Monthly Donors: 4. Promised to be monthly donors: another 2)
Hey you, yeah you... want to donate to a very worthy cause? Click here and consider donating. Even $10 a month can make a HUGE difference. In the meantime I will continue to try to fundraise and find grants and bum spare change off people. Because it matters.

Run a well organized house (Status: The living room / dining room is looking pretty ok)
Yeaaahhhhh.... this one is hard. But do-able. I need to redo the bathrooms. I need to redo the kitchen. (In terms of where things live) And then I need to Stay On Top Of Putting Things Away. Sigh.

Lose weight and be healthy. (Weight: 158. Endurance: blarg. Pants: in the 8 to 10 size range.)
I am actively working on this one too. Work out DVDs, increased motivation by the warmer weather, a new and improved work out space in the living room by moving some furniture.... I GOT this. And this dress is part of the "what I get when I get there" prize package. 

So, here we are. Feb 1st. And this is my progress report. 

I plan to check in on the first of each month. I want to keep myself honest. I want to keep these things in the forefront of my mind.

I want to succeed and dammit I can.


No comments: