STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

Tired

In the last two weeks we had Ella's first birthday party, Reel Pride, a friend's wedding, a long lost friend / out of town guest fun, and the month of September ended.

Ella's party was great. We went all hipster and had it in a coffee shop.

No, actually we went cheap and wanted free AC and a safe clean environment so we had it in a coffee shop. It was a blast. She wasn't sure what to do with the cupcake, but I'm sure that by next year she will have that part down.



Reel Pride was a lot of fun even if I didn't get to see any of the movies. GCV sold concessions and it was neat to be in the lobby for most of the festival. It warms my heart to see so many active community members willing to take part.

Or friends Kelly and Adrienne got hitched in a lovely tiny and super nontraditional wedding in a local park.  I might have to steal from my memories of this event for that book I keep meaning to write.... But I digress. The wedding was lovely and I got to practice taking, what I hope will prove to be, decent photos! A few came out quite nice. Someday I will get around to more practice with my camera....\





A friend from 6th grade came to visit. This was, understandibly, a bit of a risk. We hadn't seen each other since my first wedding 13 years ago, and that was more of a quick hug at the reception. We hadn't actually SEEN each other before that since 6th grade. A few phone calls and a FB connection four years ago... and then suddenly, and I don't really know how, we were planning on a weekend long visit.

It could have gone terribly terribly wrong.

But it didn't



Ella loved her! I remembered why we had been such good friends, and we managed to not get overly tired of each other in the two days we had! Huzzah!

And, oh yes, the month ended.

We got our wedding invites out.

And the month ended.

The countdown to Christmas and the wedding is now looking above my head in neon.

I am both excited and terrified.

And that's all I have to say about that... except to add that I am tired.... so tired... and there really isn't going to be a break for ... a good long while.

At this rate, our honeymoon might turn into three days of sleeping.



No comments: