STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

Last night.....

/knock knock
It is 8:40. At night.
I'm not expecting anyone.
The light is out on our porch and the peep hole helps me not at all.
/knock knock
"Who is it?" I call while scrambling to find my phone.
"The paperboy" comes the answer.
"The...?"
We don't get the paper.
It is 8:30. At night. In September. It is dark.
"We don't get the paper" I call through the door, dialing 9-1-1 on my phone.
"I have a free copy for you." the male voice comes back.
"No thanks" I say, finger hovering over the "call" button.
"It's free, and I'm in a contest for a trip."
I stand still. I don't move.
I'm very glad I remembered to close the blinds in the kitchen that face the front yard area.
"Ma'am? It's a free paper."
"No thanks."
"But it's free."
I'm suddenly not frightened anymore, now I'm annoyed.
"No thanks means 'no' dude"
" Come on, ma'am, just open the door. It's a free paper."
"You do know how creepy this is right? I'm not opening the door."
We both stand silent.
I count to five.
He is still out there.
I count to five again.Annoyance is turning back to fear.
"Ma'am..."
"I think you need to walk away dude." I have no idea why I have just said "dude" twice in five minutes. "This is creepy and weird and I'm going to call 911."
Pause
"Whatever bitch"
Off he goes.
I double check all the locks and open a bag of Oreos.

1 comment:

Cynthia Malm said...

You did the right thing! That is Creepy!