STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

Greek Yogurt and Magic Counters

Ok.

I know I get on soap boxes about weird things sometimes.

I hate the bad grammar in a lot of pop songs.

I constantly question the through process behind story arcs in TV shows.

And sometimes I can't get the absurdity of commercials out of my head.

For example.




I have a few issues with this commercial.

First, the music is Latin... Cuban to be precise... for a Greek yogurt.

This is the song / artist.

Not that one couldn't promote the other, but it seems like using some fun Greek music might have been a nice touch.

Unless us american are seen as too stupid to tell the difference.

All-rightly then, moving on.

Check out what happens at 7 seconds into the commercial.




She takes the lid off the yogurt.
She places it... slimy yogurt covered side down on the counter.

Ummm. Ick.

And then she gets all sexy eating with her yogurt. Which, I guess we can expect in food comercials... but it still irks me. This is practially a lipstick commercial, see how there was no smudging? I was expecting to see a Muller / Revlon cross over moment....

And after eating her yummy yogurt, she grabs another one off the magically clean counter to take with her.

Sigh.

I wish I lived in Commercial Land... where make up never falters and counters clean themselves.



No comments: