STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

1.

You are one.

One year old.

One very special little girl.

One... not really a baby... but still my baby.

One.

You have lots of blong hair that I am learning to deal with. It is getting long in front and gets in your eyes. But I'm far from ready to cut it.

You have big gray green eyes that watch everything I do... I can almost see the wheels turning.

You have teeth. I think there are 8 in there. I have stopped being able to count because they are sharp.

You have fingers and arms and sweet little shoulders and a back I like to rub when I am singing to you.

You have a tummy that you are very proud of. It is the first body part you can almost always identify.

Sometimes you also know your head, your knees, your toes, your feet... but you always know your tummy.

You have legs that don't just walk.. they walk backwards, they run, and they climb.

You have feet i love to kiss and tickle. You are very interested in your feet. They are some of your favorite things to play with.

You have smiles and hugs and kisses and giggles that I cannot get enough of.

You also have struggles. You don't like taking your naps, you don't like the word 'no" and you don't understand why I cant hold  / carry you around all day long.

You are learning how to hold hands. You already know what it means when I say "Lets go for a walk"

You hate my computer.

You hate having your diaper changed.

You love getting dressed... but you think it is mostly about the game of tag.

Your favorite stuffed animal is your giraffe and your army of monkeys. Or Hallucination Bear.

Your favorite book is Goodnight Moon.

You love dancing with me. We listen to a lot of country music.

Every night Daddy reads Harry Potter to you and then we sing "With someone like you..."

I love you more than I thought I could. I can't imagine life without you.

The past year has flown by, but I am so glad to be your mommy and I can't wait for all the amazing things we are going to get to do in the year to come!

No comments: