STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

Show me.... sentimental object!

It's that time again... time for the Show Me Project!

This week: Show me... an object of sentimental value.

For me that's my engagement ring.



Matthew proposed to me on April 13th of last year.

In Santa Cruz


He took me to a bluff overlooking the beach and the Boardwalk and talkedabout how much he loved the Friday nights we spent down there listening to music and relaxing. He said that he wanted to spend all the Friday nights of his life with me.

Squeeeee.


We had talked about getting married and starting a family... for various reasons the family starting part had to happen a bit earlier than we had anticipated, so I was four months pregnant when the proposal came.



I asked him as I was writing this what his object of sentimental value would be... and he said his engagement ring....

Yes, he has one too. 



The baby was born right around our 5 year anniversary and I have a feeling that the wedding will be right around our seven year anniversary... yeah, we aren't traditional, but we are very much in love and I LOVE my ring for all that it symbolizes.


Hooray love

***


If you want to take part in this week's Show Me.... please add your info below

... and click here to see the assignment for next week!


3 comments:

Rachel Lee said...

Sweet!

Bunkin Mama said...

Great proposal story! We weren't traditional either. Oh, and gorgeous ring!

The Lonely Traveler said...

I think I cheated