STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

I'm a little hamster running on a wheel.....


Wow.

In the last four days…

I was full of excitement and apprehension and had a panic manic moment during packing.
I was frightened half out of my wits… to the point of near hysteria. Now we know that a)I can scream pretty loudly when I need to and b)my flight or fight is illustrated by fight then flight.
Long car drive
Horrible night’s sleep due to Ella being all thrown off and waking up every 2 hours.
Awesome panels at FogCon!
Rediscovering Twitter
More awesome panels at FogCon
Got boo-ed for making a unpopular statement
Met some fascinating people
Had another horrible night’s sleep due to hotel neighbors, their parties/music/sobbing
Insanely busy day with more awesome panel discussions
Absolutely wonderful awesome perfect workshop experience
Missed the baby
Fancy dinner
Met more big wigs and had very nifty conversations
Slept like a log
Panic rush to get to panel on time
Heard my unpopular statement spouted by a panelist and was surprised to see people clap.
Was hugely inspired by the conference…. Can’t wait to dive back into writing!
Found out someone close to me is losing a baby
Found out someone close to me has stage four lung cancer
Read that an acquaintance’s child died over the weekend.
Another long car drive
Met college friends of Matthew’s
Met newest nephew, baby Shay.
Held baby Shay and was amazed at how little and light he is!
Baby proofed the living room

There's more, that's just the highlights.

This morning I babysat the neighbor boy. Ella loved having company!

This afternoon, more babysitting of little J
Then prep for tonight’s board meeting
And prep for tomorrow night’s Pinot event
And try to finish article due on 15th.

I’m exhausted. I feel like I have been on an emotional roller coaster for days now (because I have) and that there is no end in sight.

No comments: