STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

Happy 500th Post!


I realized the other day that my next blog post would be number 500. (by other day, I mean the end of June)

This was exciting but suddenly I felt that I HAD to write something worth reading, something profound, something worthy of being my 500th post!

And so… I got nervous.

Nothing seemed right. Nothing seemed good enough.

I could write about the pregnancy, the baby, the family drama, the crazy other family drama, the political issues of right now, the funny sex story of last week, the yummy food I ate and the yummy food I didn’t….

But none of that seemed right or good enough for a 500th post.

So, I waited. Surly inspiration would strike.

I waited some more.

I thought about writing about my friends, old and new, I thought about writing about lists of things to do, places to visit, goals I have set and met since starting this blog, goals I am setting for myself now, funny moments on the bus, weird dreams, links to funny cat photos or other people’s blogs…. Still, nothing seemed right.

Weeks went by.

Now there was even more pressure! Having put it off this long, I had better come up with something AMAZING… or what was the point of waiting?

Still, I waited.

Finally, at dinner the other night, I confessed my blockage. “I just, I want it to be something worth note since it is the 500th post.” I told a group of friends.

They were sympathetic but adamant: “Just write it already, don’t get distracted by the post number.”

So, finally, I decided I would.
I could.

I will!

Her I go! To break the silence of th blog and write the 500th post!

Dear Blog Readers, for my 500th post I decided to write about my inability to get over myself and my crazy expectations and my neurosis in writing this, my 500th post. Thank you all for sticking with me for the past few years. I have loved writing this blog and I hope to keep doing it for another 500 posts.

How very meta.

And yet, how very fitting… as any of you who have read even half of the past500 posts will have realized.

Whew!

Glad that’s over!

Now I can write about all that other stuff!

Right?

Write!

No comments: