STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

Pants!


This morning I put on a pair of pants. 
Not just any pair of pants, a pair of pants that are a size 6. 




This is a big deal. 


See, a while ago, I stopped wearing dress pants to work. I had a job that didn't need dress pants... I wore leggings or skirts or dresses and sometimes jeans. 
I was also gaining weight, even if I didn't' notice it. 




Back in February I had a short lived temp job and I went to put on my dress pants only to find, to my dismay, that they no longer fit. 
My 6s didn't fit. 8s didn't fit. I was back up to size 10. 
I was 159 pounds, a size 10, and unhappy about both. 



Okay, I told myself, You were 160 pounds at one point, you lost 35 pounds.... you just... you just sort of lost focus and crept back up there. 

I was confident that since I had lost weight in the past, I could do it again. 
I was wrong. 


See, last time I relied on a lack of meat, a lack of any decent food really due to a lack of funds, to help me drop the pounds. I had a diet of mainly peanut butter, yogurt, and booze. I walked 3 miles a day as part of my commute. I went dancing fairly frequently. I would buy a pizza on Friday night (and a six pack of beer) and make them both last all weekend. there was no need for silverware in my house, I didn't eat much and what I ate could be accomplished with my hands and the occasional butter knife. 

I was also stressed, unhappy, broke, and going through a divorce. 

And I lost weight. 
35 pounds in about a year. 




This time around I thought I would do it the healthy way. 
I cut calories. I ate healthy, I drank more water. I worked out. 

I lost... 4 pounds. 

I redoubled my efforts; I did sit ups every day. I had smaller portions, I started using SlimFast for breakfast, nuts and fruit and granola for lunch. I got rid of the Cookie Budget. 

The scale still says 155. 

Apparently my body likes this weight. 







As the weather started to turn cooler, I started to worry. I have a job... at least for right now... that needs dress pants. I don't know how long the job will last and I don't have the money to go buy more cloths. 






On a whim this morning, I decided to try on my size 6 pants... just to see how "not fitting' they were. 

To my shock, to my joy, they fit! 

So... the scale might say 155.8 this morning. 

But my butt is in a size 6. 
They might be a bit snug. 

But they fit. 


And that, I can live with! 



No comments: