STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Life is about changes.. and also about accepting that somethings don’t change.


Things that Change:
My mood regarding the Maifan-san being out of town. Sometimes I relish the alone time and the freedom, but sometimes I am horribly lonely and can’t wait for him to come home.
My appetite. Sometimes all I want is fruit and bread, other times I crave popcorn and can’t even think about eating anything else.
My crochet project: At first a blanket, then a scarf… now I am working on a bag. I really need to learn how to read patterns.
My nieces. They keep getting bigger! My nephews do this as well, but I have ben around the nieces a lot more lately and the changes have been huge!

Olivia (5) and Bailee (2)








Noe (8.5 months)


Things that Don’t Change: 
My weight. Nope, I am stuck at the same weight I have been for months now. I am starting to get really frustrated because I honestly am not sure I can reasonably work out more/better or eat less/better.
Kids needing help: Every time I have a shift at the Community Center I encounter a youth-sort who needs guidance, support, a friendly ear… I am continually glad that we are here to do what we can.
My devotion to Star Trek. TNG is now streaming on Netflix. And…. I LOVE it. I can’t get enough! It doesn't matter how many times I have seen the episode, my eyes are glued to the screen!
My temptation to spend money I don’t have. This one is a no brainer. I keep seeing things I want to buy! Curses on this materialistic streak in my soul!

Oh, and one more thing that doesn’t change… the crazy people who get into politics in this country. From Michele Bachman to Rick Perry… Sometimes I just want to hang my head and move to Canada.



No comments: