STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

Political Affiliations Part Two

So I have embarked on a journey of discovery regarding my mistaken impressions of the two major political parties here in the US. 

Once I established that I don’t know as much as I thought I did, once I admitted that my attitudes and impressions might not be correct or based in fact, once I opened my mind to the possibility for changing… then I had to figure out how.

Where does one get accurate information about something as personal and highly emotional as political affiliations? There is Wikipedia, biased websites, news articles, and, of course, the people themselves. In the next week or so I will be delving into the resources online… but I was hoping that you could help me in regards to the personal explanation.

If you don’t feel comfortable, that’s fine. All answers are for my learning use only… no one is going to get quoted or lambasted for what they say. In fact, because the survey is anonymous, I won’t even know who answered what.

If you are interested, please visit the survey I set up: Right Here!

Thank you in advance.

In case you are wondering… these are the questions on the survey.

What is your political affiliation?
Why did you choose it?
What do you think your political party stands for?
Are there areas in which you disagree with the “party line”? If so, please explain.

1 comment:

Mica said...

It's a great question to ask. I think most people adopt the party of their parents as if they were sports teams. Not enough people question their political beliefs. A couple years ago I did some research of my own, and found that my personal views were much more conservative than I would have admitted previously.

And I participated in the survey, of course, of course!