STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

News!


I have really big news! But first, the lead up.

This blog coming to you from my laptop which is NOT plugged into the router. This is important because for almost 24 hours this past weekend, my laptop (and my IPhone) couldn’t see our wireless network.

Which isn’t the worst thing, but due to my insanely high ability to trip over things that aren’t there, I was a bit nervous about having to maneuver around a cord that hovered about two inches off the ground every time I got into or out of my chair. Also, this meant that I was stuck working at the table when I have a perfectly good spare bedroom that will soon be an amazing office in which I want to work.

Which matters because I am now an official Writer/Blogger!

Highlights:

My temp gig at the HR company ended on Friday. This is a good, good thing. It wasn’t a good fit and I think I might just leave it at that to avoid looking bad, hurting feelings, or getting sued.

I am still looking for work, but I am now only looking for part time because…

As of Saturday I was accepted as a regular blogger over at Gay Fresno! This blog has a pretty high readership and deals with issues that are close to my little progressive-change-the-world heart. I will be writing weekly, as well as covering events, and I can’t wait! I am writing my first entry today; it should pop up in the feed tomorrow!

My fantasy novel has also recently received a kick in the pants. I have been increasingly motivated by writing with a dear friend and soon-to-be-bestselling novelist Robin Bessing (site is still being set up). Also, I went to the doctor’s office last week and for some reason every person I talked to there asked me about the novel. I wanted to badly to recite the word count off the top of my head and talk about how happy I am to be in the Revision Stage instead of the First Draft Stage. Only way to fix that is to actually sit down and finish the darn first draft.

Pride: a fine motivator.

Which means that between all the writing I am going to be doing, and the part time job I hope to have at some point, I am going to be pretty busy being all Writer/Blogger Awesome!

I want to assure you, my faithful readers, that I will still be posting over here and at Perhaps Reviewed. After all, I am still compiling data for my research regarding Political Parties…. Pssst, if you haven’t already, take my quick 4 question survey!

 That about sums it up! Happy Monday!

No comments: