STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

The Not So Helpful Pharmacist

Warning… this blog post Is going to contain icky personal details.

I have an infection. Yeah, I know, part of being human but still, it sucks. Lucky for me, the normal treatment of this very common infection is an over the counter very common medicine.


Unlucky for me though, the last time I had this very common infection and used the very common remedy, I had a HORRIBLE allergic reaction. Severe pain where there should not be pain.

So… I am a bit wary.

I also am having issues with my insurance and thus can’t go to a doctor.

I go to the pharmacy. I have picked up both the brand of the very common cure and also the store brand. I wait for a consultation.

I wait. And wait. And wait.

Finally….

“Yes, can I help you?” She is a middle aged pharmacist who looks just as harried and stressed as you don’t want your pharmacist to be.

I explain the issue, the past allergic reaction, then pointing to the two boxes on the counter,” The main ingredient of the one tht I am apparently allergic to isn’t the same main ingredient as this other brand’s. But they both only list one active ingredient. So, are these ingrediants different enough? Is it safe to take the other brand?

She doesn’t even look at the boxes (she is still a good foot and a half away from the counter) and she starts to move back toward the shelves.

“The only way to know if you are allergic is to try, yes? If you have a reaction, then you have an allergy.”
And with those words of wisdom, she is gone.

Leaving me… unedified to say the least.

All hail the mighty not helpful pharmacist. She of too little time and not nearly enough compassion.

And… wish me luck with this off brand. 

1 comment:

Pearl said...

Yikes! Well good luck to you!

Me, I have pink eye and an ear infection. Pretty much screwed from the jaw up. :-)

Pearl