STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

Goals and Promises

It is almost the end of the year… time when a lot of people make Resolutions.

I, for one, don’t make New Year Resolutions.

I do, however, make Birthday Promises and Goals.  My birthday, conveniently enough, is early December but I give myself the whole month to nail down these Promises and Goals which means around New Year’s I too have something to talk about in terms of aspirations.

This year I turned 30.

Which… was kind of a big deal for me.  Yes, I know, 30 isn’t OLD (unless you are my 20 year old sister)… but it isn’t really YOUNG either.  I will never be YOUNG again. And that is taking a bit of getting used to.

I had a fair number of Goals and Promises for my 30th birthday.

A few examples:

Goal: write and publish a book
DONE!
Promise: find a hairstyle you don’t hate
DONE!
Goal: have a reason to get a psssport
DONE (twice! Tokyo and London!)
Promise: get out of this (current) bad situation
DONE! (I did this in my mid 20s, it was well worth it)
Goal: reconnect with parents and sisters
DONE!
Promise: be okay with your geeky weirdo self
DONE! (mostly)
Promise: find someone who loves you for who you are and love them back
TOTALLY DONE!!!!!!!!!

A few things that didn’t quite make it….

Goal: Maintain weight of 135-145
I’m not off this goal by much, but enough that it bugs me.
Promise: Take better care of your teeth
Sadly, no.
Goal: Be in a good career.. or at the very least, in a job you enjoy.
I was until about 3 weeks before my birthday.
Goal: figure out the answer to the Baby Question
Currently working on it.

Not bad.

I have a few year specific goals to do before I am 31, (write another book) and promises (really… take better care of your teeth!).  I have some long term before I am 35 goals (write 3 more books, go to Greece) and promises (find a way to have kids in your life, finally drop that last 7 – 10 pounds).

If I succeed, great! If not.. well, there will hopefully be another five years or so to work on them!


Happy New Years!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night.

[url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/Abercrombie-Jackets/132361870158377]abercrombie jackets[/url]