STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

Comfort in Cliches


As many of you know, I am currently writing my 2nd book. (First one, Links, still available from amazon.com) 


It is another short story collection... this time dealing with change and transitions.


The process this time around is very different from when I wrote the first collection. That time, I didn’t know what I was doing. I took a loooong time with each story editing them as I went.  I was also working full time, dating regularly, and really only working on the stories as the mood and muse hit me.

This time I have given myself a deadline, I am not working full time, and I have vowed to write a little bit every day.

Also, this time I have already written a book. I have already put my creative offering onto the alter of public opinion. That was the scariest part last time… and it is again this time as well.  See, most people liked my book. It got good reviews, it has made it into many homes, and I think it surprised people. Yes, it wasn’t crap. Hooray!

I have this fear that I will never write anything nearly as good. I have this fear that my best words have already been typed, edited, and published.

But then… then I see things like this:


And this:


And they remind me that here really isn’t anything NEW under the sun… there are just new WAYS of seeing the same things.  That’s comforting because it means I don’t have to reinvent the wheel, I just get to play with it, dress it up in clothes of my own making, roll it down my very own imaginary hill, take it to tea with other wheels and let them have adventures…

You know what I mean.

So… once more into the writing trenches I go!

No comments: