STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

Laughing With Thanks

Thanksgiving was lovely… I hope you had something nice to be thankful for.

In my case, I am extremely thankful for my family.

Yeah, I know. Everyone is thankful for their family. Yeah I know, it sounds trite. Yeah I know… But still.

I haven’t always been close to my family. We have had our periods of separation, of distance, of inability to spend more than a few minutes together without hurt feelings.

Not anymore.

At dinner this year we laughed, big genuine laughs the kind you have with your girl friends at 2 am, the kind of laughs that start to hurt your face and almost make you cry, the kind of laughs that a few years ago I would never have thought it possible to share with my family.

I have to wait until someone sends me a photo since the battery in the camera died early in the day, but let me assure you, there were a lot of happy people at my folks’ house on Thursday.

A lot of thankful people.

No comments: