STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



Fish Out of Water = Horse In A Car

Hello blog! Hello faithful blog readers! (We will get to the title in just a sec......)

Haven’t written in a while, a misstep I am hoping to remedy in the coming weeks. It’s just… well, you know how it is. So much has happened that the “would be” posts get longer and longer and thus more intimidating.

Where to start?

We moved to Fresno! I am writing this at my old desk in my new office. I keep calling it my office. I figure that eventually the Maifan-San will get the hint and it will become MY office.

So far so good.

The move was… well it was a big ass move from one place to another place 3 hours away. So, it was stressful. There were 107 boxes (mostly full of books), 16 containers, 22 black garbage bags filled with clothes and shoes, 15 bookcases of various sizes, a queen sized bed, a futon, a loveseat, a couch, a mammoth coffee table, two tvs, (one a fragile flat, the other a deadweight of early 90s consumerism), my desk, (my!),two dressers, a very large wooden dinning room table (with leaf),….

And a cat.

The furniture arrived relatively unscathed. (Thanks to the brilliant help of our friendly in town loaders.) The cat was an annoying ball of hardly contained nerves, claws, and big scary eyes for the 3 hours it took to get here, but in less than 10 minutes had reverted back to her normal playful happy laid back little self.

The Maifan San and I, on the other hand, have been having our own ups and downs. We left Paradise, often called Santa Cruz, a place that other people flock to, a place of beaches and mountain,s and temperate weather, a place of friends and bookstores and coffee shops, a place of weirdos and eclectic crowds, a place of home…. A place we had both chosen to live in.

Don’t get me wrong. I think Fresno was a good choice for us. I think his new job will be better for both him and our relationship in the long run. I am confident in my ability to get work here and I am going to really enjoy the next month of finishing the book I am writing. We are both happy to be living closer to the Modesto Family. The fun of exploring a new area is both exciting and also good relationship building material. So, on the whole it is a good choice.

But it was still hard.

It is still hard. There have already been moments where I have felt very out of place here.

So, there you have it.

And I promise, more blogs, more frequent blogs.

In the meantime... here's a little something to make you laugh. If I feel a bit "fish out of water" because I am a liberal skeptical agnostic pagan living in Fresno.... just imagine what this horse must feel like!

2 comments:

Lisa Sunbury said...

No way! There wasn't really a horse in that car, was there? It was trick photography- had to be.
A few random thoughts to keep you company- I carried some of those boxes/bags! The weather hasn't been temperate the past few days- more like blustery, cold, wet, and wild. Maybe moving will not only be good for your relationship, but will be good for your writing because all of it will provide more writing material.I'm glad to hear Olive is settling in. I miss you! When are you coming back to visit?

Anonymous said...

selena gomez and demi lovato naked http://trusted.md/user/demi_lovato_nude demi lovato naked cartoon