STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



Yarn Bombs!

What happens when you get a whole bunch of kintters together who have extra yarn and a bit of free time?

Yarn Bomb!

Yarn bombing, yarnbombing, graffiti knitting or yarnstorming is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colorful displays of knitted or crocheted cloth rather than paint or chalk. While yarn installations – called yarn bombs or knit bombs – may last for years, they are considered non-permanent, and, unlike graffiti, can be easily removed if necessary. The practice is believed to have originated in the U.S. with Texas knitters trying to find a creative way to use their leftover and unfinished knitting projects, but it has since spread worldwide

And lo and behold, it happened here in Santa Cruz.



It is actually a pretty good sized tree.

I have to say, I think the idea is great. Non permanent, artistic, colorful, fun…. What’s not to love?

I sort of wish I had a front yard so that I could yard bomb my own trees!

Of course, I showed these photos to my niece Olivia (age 5) and she has now decided that she needs a scarf like the tree. I am trying to finish it for her before her birthday… wish me luck!

No comments: