STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

Realization

I want to be a writer.

Yeah, I sort of already knew that.
But I want to be more than a writer.
I have reached the moment where I want to be an author.

This means sacrifice.

Fewer social obligations. Fewer books read. Fewer hours watching TV shows that I don't really care about. Fewer other projects.

Also, this means

writing
finishing

and selling

In other words. I need to write, I need to finish, I need to get an agent.

Agents.... publishers... I need to connect. I need to hob nob. I need to network.

I need to go to conferences.

There is one in SF in February. I have been mulling it over for a while now.
It is expensive. Even though it is local, we are talking about $1000.

I think it would be worth it.

I would NEED to have something pretty concrete to market if I was there. No vague "I have an idea for a novel..." sort of thing but rather a "I am 75% done with my novel and it is about..." sort of thing.

I work well with deadlines. I always have. I like to plan, I like to make schedules. I like to have a looming Drop Dead Dates for completion.

I want to register for this conference.

I want to network, to meet agents, to shop my work.
I want to get a book deal.

What's next?

I need to have a fundraiser.

Any ideas?

No comments: