STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

Yesterday

Yesterday I mailed books to my nieces because I think reading is one of the best uses of one’s time.

Yesterday I bought a new red sparkly dice set not because I am superstitious enough to think that they might help my rolls, but because they were red and sparkly.

Yesterday I didn’t eat anything but a personal pepperoni and sausage pizza because I was too busy and then it was too late and then I was too tired.

Yesterday I did my taxes for the second time all by myself because I decided a year ago to stop relying on someone else to do something for me that I can do myself.

Yesterday I paid a girl to clean my old apartment because despite the entry above, sometimes it is nice to not have to do it yourself.

Yesterday I let my shoulders get just a tad sunburnt because I am trying to get my pale skin used to the sunshine in stages.

Yesterday I realized again how very sweet my boyfriend is because he opted to stay in the field an extra day in order to help make someone else’s life a little easier.

Yesterday I was reminded about how special sisters can be because I have a few honorary sister types who treat me pretty darn well.

Yesterday I returned a video to the store because I didn’t want a late fee.

Yesterday I didn’t eat a doughnut even though they smelled so good because I am practicing self restraint.

Yesterday I let one of my honeydew candles burn all the way down to the bottom because I wanted to use the candle holder for something else.

Yesterday I played with the cat for a full half an hour because I had the time and she needed the attention.

Yesterday I was happy. The because should be obvious.

1 comment:

myrelish said...

I love this post.
What a beautiful way to capture a normal(ish) day.