STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

Mail Motivation

Today’s rant about the degenerate youth, the crazy bus people (drivers included), and the hopefully amusing story about the first time I ever used the dreaded F Word will have to wait until later.

Because I got another royalty check in the mail!

Yes… that’s me… PAID WRITER person! Person who receives royalty or commission checks in the mail!

Not often, it’s true. Not big ones, also true.

But still!

The first one came a few months ago and there was much jumping up and down and kissing of bystanders. I think I squealed, I know I regret not getting a photo.

Anyway, so another one came today. Which is awesome on so many levels…. But perhaps the best thing about getting something like this is that it makes me want another one.

Several more in fact.

I have been rather lazy about my next writing project. I have flitted back and forth with topics, I have let my notes pile up and then be shuffled off. I have pushed errant story arches aside in favor of social events and watching Glee.

Staying motivated can be hard. There are so many cool things going on… So many wonderful distractions.

A few days ago while writing to my cousin I gave a brief run down of my next project.

“It’s a fantasy story about culture clash the parallels the drama between the Spanish and the Native Californians… but it’s fantasy, so you know, magic and symbolism. Also Pagan gods and stuff.”

He seemed stoked to read it.

Which helps me be stoked to write it.

The occasional check in the mail helps too.

Writing Ahoy!

No comments: