STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



Legal Protection for Clergy and Gays Both

A bit of… hope?

There is a bill (proposed by CA senator Mark Leno) that would protect the rights of the clergy should gay marriage ever become legal in CA.

Basically, if (when?) gay marriage becomes legal this bill would allow for clergy to not be forced to sanction or perform these types of marriages. It reaffirms the right of all clergy to decide which marriage ceremonies they will perform.




Which… just seems silly. Not because clergy should HAVE to marry people no matter what, (they shouldn’t) but because they already have the right/ability to do the picking and choosing.

I got married at one point* and when deciding who was going to do the “honors” I couldn’t just pick up a random priest and make him marry me. Most churches have veto power… and that can be for practically anything… you aren’t a member of their congregation, you haven’t gone though their premarital counseling program, you don’t practice their religion, you don’t have enough cash….



So while I am glad that those crazy liberals are bending over backwards to assure those crazy conservatives that gay marriage is all about PROTECTING rights and not about STEALING them, I am a bit eye-roll-ey about yet another piece of legislation.

The saving grace is that this is a bill that will only be at all useful if (when) gay marriage becomes legal. Which, despite what it feels like sometimes, is the direction we are going. Give it a few more decades (sigh) and we will all be equal.

At least I hope so.




*and then later divorced.

Source

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing these kind of posts reminds me of just how technology truly is an integral part of our lives in this day and age, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes cheaper, the possibility of transferring our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about all the time.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.zoomshare.com/2.shtml]R4i SDHC[/url] DS BlogServ)

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

No, thanks.
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online dfe

オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.