STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



Watching the Weight

So a while ago I went to the doctor. It was a regular check up, nothing special. I mentioned that I had put on a bit of weight an was worried about putting on more. I asked her what she thought.

She glanced at my chart and then looked at me. “yeah, you definitely need to lose at least 15 pounds.”

This was not really what I had thought I would hear.

“Really?”

“Yes, join a gym.”

“I… I go to the gym, I walk…’ I was going to say I walked two miles a day and really didn’t eat that much but she cut me off.

“Join Weight Watchers.”

I just looked at her. “That’s…. your advice?”

She nodded and closed my file. Standing up she extended her hand to me, “Yup. Join Weight Watchers, use your gym, drop at east 15 pounds. Okay, it was great seeing you today.”

She shook my hand and was gone before my mouth was even closed.

So… I joined Weight Watchers. I learned the point value of everything I eat. I monitor, I weigh in, I buy special food and eat extra veggies.

And I have lost almost ten pounds.

Which is good… it is nice to see that happen and I guess my doctor would be pleased. I, on the other hand, haven’t really noticed any changes. My clothes fit the same, I do’t have any more or less energy, and I just seem to spend more time thinking about food than almost anything else.

Yesterday though someone said to me “Wow, I can see that you have lost weight. You look good.” And suddenly it mattered.

So, I have about five pounds to go. Not sure what happens when I hit my goal… will I ever be able to eat French toast or cookies ever again?

And on that note… it is the end of September, a particularly trying month. I feel optimistic about October, I hope you do as well.

4 comments:

Pagan Sphinx said...

There are three women at work who are on WW right now and they're making me nuts. I wish they would just shut up and eat! :-D

Ten pounds is a lot! I don't recall feeling any different losing ten pounds in the past; when I was much younger. But in any event, it's probably a good thing for any body to carry around ten less pounds and still be very healthy.

Unknown Mami said...

Wow! And you just did it.

Anndi said...

Good for you. Are there any specific foods you've cut out?

It can be hard for people to notice their own initial weightloss, but it's always a boost when someone else notices we've been doing something good for our bodies.

I actually gained a few pounds after losing the stress my job was piling on me, and Mah Honey told me it was a good thing. It's all about feeling good about yourself and being healthy.

Kudos, girlie! You rock!

Prefers Her Fantasy Life said...

Congrats!

I lost 15 pounds on Weight Watchers but I put it back on when Soon-to-be-ex introduced me to micro-brews. The Beck's Light (64 calories/1 point) no longer did it for me.