STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

West of the Red Fave Story

It’s Tuesday… must be Meme Day!

For starters I have my Ruby Tuesday! entry for you….

The brick arches of the neighborhood family owned burrito place...



that has now been taken over by….these guys.




Which is slightly sad except that there are a lot of Mexican restaurants in downtown SJ… and a really excellent burrito place two blocks away. This photo also gets to carry double weight as part of my Weekly Word Challenge or WWC post for reminding me of the word West.

As in Double Western Bacon Cheeseburgers!! Yum!

And for a more “on the nose” sort of West, I have this compass that The Maifan-San gave me.



The other WWC word for the week was Favorite Story… and so here is a shot of my favorite book series when I was a kid. The Prydain Chronicles. By Lloyd Alexander.



Awesome reading for adults and kids... check 'em out!



There you go… Happy Meme Tuesday!

8 comments:

Jeve (aka John and Steve) said...

Double Western Bacon Cheeseburgers!! Definite Yum!

g-man said...

Nicely done on the WWC. :)

maryt/theteach said...

Great post, kay! My nephew's name is Carl Jr. The possessive for Carl Jr. would be Carl Jr.'s wouldn't it? Well if they have good hamburgers who cares about their punctuation...Happy Ruby Tuesday! :)

Jay said...

Great job on the pics! I could probably eat a big old double bacon cheeseburger every night if it wasn't so bad for me. Very yummy stuff!

Maria@LSS said...

My son loves their burgers, but I'd rather go to the Mexican restaurants for a burrito. :)

Gramps said...

I'm not familiar with the Prydain series. Maybe I'll check it out. Are there zombies?

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Walk through the archway
and follow the smells—find your
comfort food inside.

My Ruby Tuesday

Tink said...

Someone was just mentioning The Prydain Chronicles to me the other day. I think it's a sign that I need to pick them up. :)