STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

Creepy Red and Some Green Ds.

Lots of stuff to write about this week… Hot Roller Derby Girls, The Continueing Weight Loss Challenge, Why Dating Advice Sucks (no matter who gives it), Mad Men, the 4400, Adventures on a Train, News Regarding My New Roommate, and much much more….

But first, it is Tuesday, that means somewhere Dawn is in trouble*, err, I mean, It’s Meme Day!

For the WWC,



the words this week were “D’ and “Green”

So… to start off… Jessica giving us the “D” in sign language.



And then, tools of my trade… “D” file labels… and look, they’re “Green” too!



Want more “Green”? Go “Green” by riding VTA.




Just make sure you are on the train… not like the bozo today who decided to walk alng the tracks and thus got hit by the train.




I don’t have a photo of that.

I do, however, have a few shots for Ruby Tuesday!

First off, a bit of almost gone red paint on the sidewalk. With the parking situation here in Santa Cruz, I wonder if someone decided to unmake this a no parking zone.



And then these… this was where I ended up on Saturday morning.




I had been looking for a kickboxing class and found the website for this place online. I took the bus, (a bit out in the boonies) followed the google map directions, and ended up here. No one else was here, by the way… just me. No signs of life at all. It was creepy and quiet and weird.



I finally found a little flyer for the studio place with a phone number on it… I called and the answering service for some random guy picked up.

I got my rear end back on the bus and joined a regular ‘real” gym.


But what lovely red accents on such ugly buildings, yes?


There you have it… two photo memes, one blog post… and just in case you are wondering I have even gone to the new gym (once) and enjoyed it. Wish me luck in going often and seeing results!

Happy Tuesday!

*If you “got it” give yourself a cookie and know that I think you are cool, even if other people don’t.

7 comments:

Hootin' Anni said...

That WOULD be creepy. Did you leave real quick? I would have.

My R T is posted. It's a small 2 minute video I compiled for You Tube about "Flamingo Fandango". Come visit if you can!! Happy day.

Jay said...

Excellent photos! I wish I lived someplace where there was good public transportation. It would be nice not to have to drive all the time.

Sign language "D" was really clever.

Tink said...

I'm glad you didn't get a picture of that guy getting hit by the train, because I really don't want to see the muffin I ate this morning a second time. ;)

I love the ASL "D". Rock on.

P.S. My word verification today was "fiber". Apparently, I need more?

Unknown Mami said...

What's up with the invisible kickboxing class?

Greyscale Territory said...

Interesting collection of photos from your wanders!

Bizarro Aunt Jackie said...

The Sign Language D is cool too! I did that once when we had a letter.

Had a coworker hand model for me :)

Great pics!

Aunt Jackie
http://oneandonlywoods.blogspot.com

moosh said...

Enjoyed your RubY pics. I didn't get ir. Oh well.