STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

Wants: A list of desires

So, there are a few things that I want.

Not like material goods, although there are a few material goods involved, but more things that I want help with, things that I want to share with someone.

And it occurred to me the other night that just sitting around and wanting them wasn’t going to make them happen. Even sitting around an ocassionaly announcing these desires out loud in the presesence of others might not do it.

However, writing them out in a blog post and then unabashedly begging people to read said blog post might yield results.

If nothing else, it might start discussion.

And get me a few blog clicks.

So here goes: Kay’s Not-So Secret List of Wants:

Gaming Group
I am looking for an on going, role playing, table top game that meets regularly on a weeknight in the Santa Cruz area. Preferably near some sort of public transportation line.


Weeknight walking buddy
This seems self explanatory. I want to go out walking but I don’t relish doing it alone once it gets dark. Also, having a buddy will help me make sure it happens. There is a teeny tiny bit of interest into turning this into a jogging buddy… but for now, lets start with the walking.


Excuses to Cook Dinner for People
I had an impromptu dinner party the other night and despite the fact that I stressed about it for days ahead of time, I was wonderfully happy to both host the affair, providing some delicious food to friends, but als to have an excuse to cook outside my comfort zone. What this basically means is that I want people to invite themselves over for dinner.


Cat-Sitter in the Elk Grove Area
Yeah, this one is a stretch. See, I have this wonderful friend who I would love to see and she would love to see me, however, she can’t leave her car alone all day to make the drive because said cat (Hailey) must get a pill at 8 am, noon, 8pm, and midnight. Also, the cat needs to be watched and such during the day to make sure it is ok. A long shot I know… but if any of you marvelous people know of anyone trustworthy and cat friendly who happens to live in the Sacramento/Elk Grove area… let me know!


Knitting Guru
Because I still might have a moment or two of free time, I am thinking about taking up knitting or crochet. First order of business is to figure out what the difference is. I want to learn how to make scarves, hats, maybe shawls or wraps… maybe someday even a blanket! I am willing to start small, but I need instruction and a patient sort of person to try to teach me the mystery of the yarn. (They both use yarn right?)


So there you go… I am putting these desires out there… any advice, help, volunteers, pity… would all be welcome!

4 comments:

Jay said...

Well I can come over for dinner and you can cook for me. Oh sure, it's a bit of a drive, but I think I can make it. ;-)

Lisa said...

I wish I lived nearby. I'd give you someone to do a couple of those things with - me!

LizzGee said...

As far as the Knitting get the book Stitch N' Bitch, a pair of size 17 needles and some cheepie bulky yarn.
Read the book and give the "Go-Go Garter Stitch Scarf" a go. :)
Then google for your local Stitch N' Bitch evening meet up and you will be set. :)

myrelish said...

Can you move to Melbourne? I would love to have a walking/jogging buddy and somewhere to eat. The only part I wouldn't do is the gaming - my attention span is way too short! I can barley knit and crochet is on my to-do list. This is my favourite site for inspiration http://craftivist.typepad.com/