STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

Tripping the Steps Fantastic

I tripped yesterday while walking, well to be precise while walking down a set of steps, and twisted my ankle. Of course we were out on a photo shoot and I was a bit distracted with all the smiling and tilting my head and worrying that my gopher teeth were going to look like, well gopher teeth, that I didn’t really stop to deal with it.

It wasn’t a bad twist, it only hurt a bit… later when we went back out to get Froyo (frozen yogurt has a new cool nickname it seems) I opted to wear flats and I really don’t think anyone could tell that my ankle was still oh so slightly hurting.

This morning however it was swollen and tender and I spent a good hour icing it.

It is doing better which is good, I have a full afternoon of playing tour guide and then time at the spa to look forward to.

Yes, a spa. It will be my first time at a spa… I am a bit nervous but looking forward to feeling pampered.

In order to prepare myself for this very girly sort of treat I am listening to Social Distortion and catching up on blogs. A new book review is up on my book review blog and I even wrote about the yummy chicken that I cooked yesterday over at my cooking blog.

Hope you all had a great relaxing weekend. Final week of July; here we come!

5 comments:

MiddleMan said...

"Gopher teeth"? Oh, poor Kaylia, I feel your pain... ;)

I grew up with the nickname of "Richard the Rabbit" with friends and family, on account of my buck teeth. I hate taking pictures myself.

Congrats on the book, and TV spot. Hope the ankle feels better.

rystefn said...

Froyo? I call bullshit. Everyone knows it's called frogurt... which is also cursed.

Jairus Durnett said...

Usually, I don't pick on mis-spelled words, but I think that Dr. Freud would like you to look again at the sentence which begins "In order to prepare myself for this..."

Kay said...

JD: you know the funny thing is, it was a clothing optional sort of place.... so really "teat" wasn't that far off the mark....

Ry: The shop in C is called Froyo... I'm with you though, I think it is rather silly.

MiddleMan: Mine aren't as bad as they were when I was little, but I still feel like a freak in most photos.

Lisa said...

I hope your ankle is feeling better. That next day thing can be such a pain. Literally.