STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

Mark Your Calendars!

As of last night my personal final edit to my short story collection is done.

It clocks in at 71 pages (including a cover and a contents page, but not with each story starting on its own page as it will in the actual book) and just a tad shy of 28100 words.

The editors get to gnash their collective teeth in regards to my hatred for commas in compound sentences, and I get to celebrate. (See, I used one there. I can be taught!)

Tentative publication time is early to mid October, but that can change based on how many revisions they want me to do… so say October give or take a month.

That means that you all can buy copies of my book for Christmas gifts!

There isn’t a cover art image yet but here is some information anyway… to whet your appetite…


Links
A Collection of Connection

By Kaylia Metcalfe


A short story collection that focuses on the complicated sense of connection we have with each other… and with ourselves.

In this collection, Kaylia M. Metcalfe strives to showcase the variety of connections that men, women, and children have with each other, society at large, and (most importantly) themselves. With stories about the deep bonds between parent and child, the frustration of a lonely marriage, a sexual coming of age, and a surprising moment of horrific introspection, this book travels deep into the hearts and minds of the everyday people who make up our collective contemporary culture. Join this eclectic cast of characters as they attempt to find their place in the world.



Sweet eh? I know you all just can’t wait to read it!

/skips off to do a happy dance/

“I’m getting published…. I’m getting published…. I’m getting published….”

9 comments:

kristen_lee said...

Congratulations! I'm soooo excited for/proud of you!

Anndi said...

You ROCK!

rystefn said...

Awesome! Keep on rocking, win awards!

Koe Whitton-Williams said...

Kay - that is so awesome, fantastic, stupendous, well-deserved and, you know, just downright cool. I'm very happy for you. I am going to go have a diet coke to celebrate.

OnlinePublicist said...

Congratulations!!! I look forwarding to hearing more about your progress in the future and can't wait to see the cover!!

WoodEngineer said...

Congrats!!!! I need to pre-order!! :-D

Pagan Sphinx said...

Wow! That is tremendous news, indeed! I'm elated for you and I can't wait to read the book!

Many congratulations and a huge hug!

Gina

PS: would you consider getting rid of your comment verification, by any chance?

myrelish said...

Congratulations Kay. Sign me up for a copy or three. Any chance of autographed copies?

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you! I'll want to buy a copy, of course!