STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

Looking Out, Looking In

Good Morning campers, train riders, cubicle sitters, and well, everyone else!


I have a few treats in store for you in the coming days…

“Kay’s Top 10 list of Horrible Pick Up Lines Received on Public Transportation, “

“The Adventure of Trying To Help… and Regretting It,”

and some fun updates regarding the book.



But this morning I felt inclined to do a photo entry… since it has been a while and my friends over at Ruby Tuesday and Windows have been so very patient.



Without further ado, a few pretty window photos.


This one was taken at a local used bookstore. What a cool skylight eh?



Here we have a combo shot of my amazing couch cover, my amazing living room window and my AMAZING Self-Hung Curtains! (First ever time of hanging curtains… and because of how the window is set up I had to pound/screw straight up. (Wow, that sounded unintentionally dirty…..)




Ahem, moving on.



This shot was taken while lying on my back in the stairwell of my old apartment and looking straight up.

I like to think of it as my “here’s a different perspective” shot.

And lastly this shot is of a building on my street. I had to take it in a hurry so as to avoid the reputation of “creepy woman taking photos of someone else’s house.” I don’t know why, I just like the shapes of the windows. This, by the way, is an apartment building –I think-. One thing you can say about Santa Cruz architecture… it is diverse.




I hope you are all having a good day out there in the wide wide blog world….

Catch you tomorrow!

8 comments:

Unknown Mami said...

I like the photos of windows. It reminds me of an old SNL skit of Simon who liked to do "Draw-rings". All of his drawings were through window frames because he was always traveling with his dad so they were views as seen through hotel windows.

I'd love to know the top 10 horrible public transit lines.

I live in San Francisco and take public transit often. I'm tall and once while I was standing on the bus a very short man said to me, "I'd need a ladder, but I sure would enjoy the climb." Classy.

kaye said...

great window views, I especially like the skylight. Hope you can stop by to see my sepia scene and window views Thanks!

Mar said...

What a nice variety of windows! it seems you had to work hard with your curtains...:)
I feel with you regarding the"creepy woman taking photos of someone else's house"!!
Happy Thursday

Jeri said...

Great variety of windows! I am like you about taking shots of other peoples houses!!

Simone said...

Well taken.

Thank for stopping by

maryt/theteach said...

Wow, kay, those shots are all stunning!! The one with you laying on the stairs and looking up is excellent! Welcome back to Window Views and Ruby Tuesday! I'm happy! :)

WoodEngineer said...

pounding and screwing..laying on your back..was this article really about pictures? haha

Those are really good!

myrelish said...

Gah, my stupid reader has dropped you again! Sorry I haven't been lurking here for a while. I am glad to be back and playing catch up.