STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



Extra! Extra! (Blogs!)

Obviously, you know about this blog… and I would like to thank you for dropping by and reading it however often you do.

Just in case you need even more Kay-ness in your life though, let me assure you, there are other options.

First off I have been writing a Review blog over at Perhaps Reviewed. I try to review at least one thing a week… a book, a movie, a TV show… and you can read all about them over there. Some recent reviews include “Surfacing” by Margaret Atwood and the TV show “The Listener” (a Canadian show that just got picked up by NBC). Also, last week I reviewed the Academy winning movie “Departures” and this week I will be reviewing “My Sister’s Keeper” (the novel) in preparation for the movie which opens next week. So check it out and enjoy!

Secondly, as referenced in a past that dropped last week, I want to relearn how to cook as well as organize my recipes in such a way that I can find them again. Writing things on little 3 by 5 cards simply doesn’t work for me… but being able to sort them on the computer by labels such as “Short list” –few ingredients- and “Oven” will be helpful I hope and thus keep me actually cooking. And so I have started a small “Kay learns to cook” blog where I will be documenting my forays into the kitchen. Along the way I will probably tell you about the fun misadventures of cooking… everything from learning how to use knifes to what happens when I use pancake mix instead of flour while making cookies.

Plus, each recipe comes with helpful tips like “Time to prepare this meal: The first 8 songs off of Sheryl Crow’s Best of Album.” Because that is the sort of information vital to happy cooking in my opinion.

So, there you go… feel free to check ‘em out…

No comments: