STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

And...?

I decided to go to work today. I need the money. Rent > Internet.

In other news, Mr. O! is in Egypt today trying to assuage the Muslim community (a good thing) and Osama Bin Laden put out a tape threatening America (bad thing).

And my first reaction was “And…?”

Don’t get me wrong, I think establishing peace and good relations with the Muslim word is an outstanding thing to do. Hooray for this whole notion of getting along. It was the other part of that that made me roll my eyes.

OBL is threatening us. Again.

Here’s the thing, we know that his threats aren’t all empty. I don’t need to link to anything or post any photo here, we all know what this man and others like him are capable of.

But his threats still sound like nothing more than the rantings of a bitter man who wants attention.

There have been so many threats over the last 8 years that at times it is easy to get complacent.

But that, I think, is a dangerous sentiment.

And more than that, I think it is terribly sad that when a known terrorist threatens us, we have the luxury of being complacent.

What sort of world do we live in where “Oh yeah, OBL wants to kill us, says we should prepare for destruction…” is followed closely and with “Hey, what did you watch on TV last night?”

Where “North Korea is threatening war” is overshadowed by “The results of American Idol might have been fixed.”

Freakin’ unbelievable.

And not to cast dispersions on everyone else and leave myself blameless… I might not care a fig about American Idol, but I do find myself shying away from the dark and scary news. I do turn my attention to my pet issues (civil rights, women’s rights) and all but ignore other worthy causes unless someone puts them front and center.

Not sure what the solution is but I know the first step is awareness. So, here I am being aware.

OBL threatened us. Again.

I hope like hell my eye roll was justified.

No comments: