STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

Back in the Saddle

Hello faithful blog readers and also those of you who might have stumbled upon this entry by accident.

I have been away (again!) from my blog but this time I have the excuse of moving and be very very busy with both work and having this thing called a social life. Yeah, it’s pretty nifty. Well the social life part anyway, the job part is just daily thankfulness to have a job and the move was… well… exhausting.

But I am at last all moved in… into a tiny little one bedroom near downtown and not too far from the beach. Not that I have had a chance to go to the beach since moving… but it has only been four days so I think I deserve a bit of a break on that score.

I am not only all moved in with all boxes unpacked and all books on shelves (separated and sort of organized) but I also am the proud owner of a new coffee table and loveseat thanks in part to goodwill and in part to my new Santa Cruz buddy Lance who helped me carry the loveseat (a delightfully dense piece of furniture upholstered in bright red and orange and brown checkers) the five blocks from the Goodwill to my apartment. We made quite a spectacle of ourselves passing the Greek festival let me assure you. I thought my arms were going to fall off… yeah I am stronger than I look but I had also been carrying boxes and or moving furniture for almost five days solid by that point. Seriously my arms? They deserve some TLC.

The love seat by the way is now covered with something a bit less garish and more dark blue so as not to offend the eyes of any possible visitors.

My apartment is great… I mean, it has its issues like the fact that there is no storage or counter space at all in the kitchen, the fact that the bathroom sink is sort of rotting in the underneath parts, the fact that the laundry room is verrrrry creepy, the fact that when my neighbor takes a shower the walls of my bedroom hum a bit…

Really though, I am loving living in Santa Cruz.

And I miss bloging and now that the move is done and the story collection is almost done, I have no more excuses and I will be writing here a bit more frequently again.

Aren’t you excited?

Stay tuned for a few new book reviews, a TV show review, posts about food and life, photos of Santa Cruz, and my meandering thoughts about sex, religion, faith, the idea of ‘respect”, weddings, “being the bad guy”, rebooting franchises, being there for someone, letting go, graduations, baby fever, and all the other random things that I have started to blog about in my head over the past week….

Until then, be good and stay safe.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am excited that you'll be blogging more! What a chore moving can be. I'm glad that you're getting settled though.