STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



<3 <3 <3

First off, just a reminder that I do have another blog that occasionally gets updated with book reviews and the like. In fact, it was just updated today! Click on over and read my review for ‘The Noticer.”

And now, Ruby Tuesday!

First off, this home made tee shirt worn with pride during last weekend’s Walk Against Rape Walk-A-Thon made me smile.



And now I want to post photos of The Maifan-San… create your own transition and keep it clean.

Ahem

One of the favorite pastimes of the Maifan-San and I is a quiet afternoon spent reading/typing/blogging/writing in a one of the many many many coffee shops that we frequent.

Such as the Santa Cruz Roasting Company.



Here is the Maifan-San keeping himself busy being creative… and yes this photo works with RT because there is a big ol’ red A on his chest. (bonus points if you know why there is a big red A on his chest.)



Behind him on the wall was this lovely piece of art.



I love coffee shops.

Even if… le-sigh…



Yes that is a sad EMPTY coffee cup because I am sadly allergic to calfine and thus must get my coffee jollies off in a more vicarious manner. Like buying a mocha for the Maifan-San and then making him kiss me.




Oh…. That reminds me… he comes home 3 more days!

Anyway, that’s my RT for this week! Come back later in the week for what will indubitably be some of the best blogging on the planet.

Or maybe just photos of food and ramblings about politics, moving, books, and Beltane.

17 comments:

Annie said...

Loved the stroll through the coffee shop. Nothing better for inspiration that a comfy location and good coffee.

Jay said...

We have one coffee shop here in town with WiFi. I would go down there and blog, but the people who hang out down there are the same rednecks that hang out everywhere else in this town.

Love the pics! ;-)

Mojo said...

uhh... It's a monogram for "Anthroslug"? I give up, dish!

Kay said...

Annie: Thanks! I love coffee shops!

Jay: You should hang out there anyway, scare off the rednecks, retake the coffee shops!

Mojo: <3 is cyber key for a heart, Don't feel bad, I had to ask someone too.

Ralph said...

Ah, mocha, decaf or green tea all look nice in that red mug. The ambiance of this red themed shop is nice, a place to sit and space out. Caffeine or not! Wish this place was closer to New Haven to visit...

Pagan Sphinx said...

You're allergic to coffee, I'm allergic to getting up in the morning.

Did I miss something or did you reveal the meaning of the A on your very cute boyfriend's tee-shirt?

Raven said...

Wonderful series. Maifan-san is adorable. Liked the wall art behind him too. Glad he is coming home (didn't know he was away but still glad he is returning).

Happy Ruby Tuesday.

Dianne said...

cool coffee shop

love the tee!

Kay said...

@Pagan: He is cute isn't he? :P

It is a Dawkins "Out" shirt, he thinks it is hilarious to wear what is essentially a "Tour" tee shirt for a biologist. It is also one of his favorite tee shirts... and he is wearing it about a third of the time I snap his photo :)

Ralph: coffee, tea, either way, /drool.

Dianne: indeed :)

Raven: He has been gone for work, will be home for a few days and then (sadness) gone again.

aguthrieimages said...

Great RT stuff, love the art work on the wall. Best of luck on your move (yep I read some more of your blog, you're very funny)to Santa Cruz I know you'll love your new surroundings!

moosh said...

Great pictures. Glad he is coming home. I wish we had a cool coffee shop. My choices are Dennys and Mc Donalds ugh.

detroitus said...

OOOH OHHHH OOOOO!!! I know the answer to the big red A!!! Or did you already spill?? Dammit...

Charity Joy Bell Childs said...

You love coffee shops...sounds like you would love metro manila! People here live their lives in coffee shops! We have perhaps 4 million Starbucks all over the metropolis! :)

I like how the pattern on the wall behind the painting of the heart looks like veins running through the heart. :)

maryt/theteach said...

I have an answer for the "A" on his chest, Kay! Ask Hester Prynne...No just joking! :) Glad you're back! I missed you!

Your EG Tour Guide said...

I cannot imagine being allergic to caffeine!

Fun post!

DaviMack said...

Sorry you're allergic to caffeine - I don't know how I'd survive without it!

And, yes: consent is sexy.

Liza said...

Nice photos! I love the heart wall decor and the red mug! Happy RT.