STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



Notes of the New

Happy Monday everyone!

Quick post today, just a few things of note.

First off, as some of you know it has been a dream of mine to someday read/write for a living…. Such as being a book reviewer or a movie reviewer or even heck, a TV recaper/reviewer. Well, I haven’t made it there quite yet but I did go ahead and set up a new baby blog just for reviews. It is called Perhaps Reviewed and you are more than welcome to check it out.

A few things are up already (Dog On It, World War Z, and Castle) and I hope to have more up soon(ish).

For example,

Upcoming Book Reviews:
The Great Eight (Scott Hamilton)
A Garden of Earthly Delights (Joyce Carol Oates)
Surfacing (Margaret Atwood)

Upcoming Movie Reviews:
The Watchmen
Overruled!
Brick


I also hope to post about a few current TV shows, Dollhouse, Lie To Me, and Damages.

Look for a new review post every week to ten days.

Also, in the arena of new blogs to check out, The Maifan-San has finally found a use for all the random ghost stories he has been collecting over the years. In his new blog devoted solely to stories of goulies and ghosties and things that go bump in the night, he will explore some of the common and the uncommon tales of terror and look for underlying themes as well as provide oodles of entertainment for his readers. Check it out here.




In slightly less fun news, my company found a new way to make us all grumble. We are now operating under less light. Yes, it’s true. In order to cut costs they have removed anywhere from 1 to 2 of the bulbs in the 3-bulb light fixtures throughout the entire building making the walk to the restroom now a trek through a dank and dreary badly lit hallway.

Creepy much? Much.

They also won’t be emptying the trash cans as frequently. Which is fine since it will be too dark to see anyway.



I was going to post a few fun little news stories but today the news seems to be full of people killing each other, warships headed toward Korea, and the sort of economic news that would shock us a year ago but nowadays simply continues our descent into a national depression. Oh wait, I meant Recession, of course I did.

Instead, I want to bring you all a bit of light….. Enjoy!




And in case you need to see something just downright adorable and sweet… check out SailorGeek’s video. I went to high school with Chris and I am oh so very stoked for him and Alison!

Yay nerd love! Yay Italy love! Yay nerd love in Italy!!!!!



4 comments:

Anndi said...

First, can't wait for a Lie To Me review *grin* You do those real well.

Second, NO WAY!! The sheep were too much! How do you find this stuff?

Third, awwwwwwwwwww. How adorable are Chris and Allison! Awwwwwwwww! I'm a sucker for that stuff.

Mojo said...

I'll have to wait on the vids until I get home but doesn't OSHA have lighting requirements or something for office spaces? I mean, you'd think they'd have to.

Then again, there's something symbolic about having the lights out where I work.

JayRod said...

You know, I was going to ask you if you had caught Joss Whedon's new show, Dollhouse. It started a bit slow, but has really picked up the last 2-3 episodes and now it is that whole "can't wait to see the next week's show" thing. reminds me of the good ole days of Buffy & Angel & *sniff* Firefly (damn you Fox!!!).

Jimmy P said...

My wife loves Dollhouse. Me, I watch it with her while I surf. And yes, I miss Firefly, too. It seems every time I like something, the station gets wind of it, and cancels it. So, I don't like anything on tv right now. Nothing. Oh, wait, I LOVE AMERICAN IDOL! heheh yes, that'll do nicely.