STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



Get Ready!

There is a meat
That I refuse to eat
At least I did as a child

It seemed so salty
So mediocre chalky
And the smell was a far cry from mild


I see it today
At the stores in my way
As I head for the quick dinner fix

I pause and consider
Should I buy some for dinner?
But habit is hard and I nix


Still sometimes I ponder
About the blue cans o’re yonder
I mean, how bad could it be?

To the website I go
To learn and to grow
Y’all should be quite proud of me


On the website I find
Dozens of recipes to try
Some that even sound yummy

I can cook it with cheese
Or potatoes to please
There is a slight growling from tummy


Ok I give in
To sink or to swim
I promise to go buy a can

I’ll keep you all looped
As I try something new
Get ready, “Adventures In Spam!”


6 comments:

Anthroslug said...

Oh, wow....I didn't think it was possible.

Mojo said...

Ugh.

Just ... ugh.

Dianne said...

someone told me Spam is wildly popular in Hawaii
how's that for trivia

as a kid I loved Spam - then again it was a delighful alternative to mom's cooking ;)

excellent poem - it could be their jingle

Lisa said...

You crack me up! I love the poem!

JayRod said...

With the recent downturn of the economy, sales in Spam are actually up, and I even heard about a school that has been using it in its lunches everyday. So I hope they have a good variety of recipes.

Charity Childs-Gevero said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! That was hilarious! :-D

Ok so listen first...that's not good for you, ok? Don't eat canned food. Eat fresh...hey, you DO wanna keep that blood of yours in tip-top formation for the next blood donation...don't you? ;-)