STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



Back To Red

I love red. Some of my favorite outfits and foods are red. Red flowers make me happy… and red brush strokes or cloudscapes can be amazing. Theses red things make me happy.

But there are some things that, while red, do little more than taunt me. And that is today’s Ruby Tuesday's theme.


I don’t smoke, I didn’t used to smoke… but I did used to go out drinking with my friends when I was younger and the night would usually end with us sitting outside somewhere talking and laughing while they smoked. Yes, I know 2nd hand smoke is dangerous and icky… but when I see signs like this I remember the smell, the taste of the occasional drag, the feeling of freedom, the release of the life’s worries…. So yeah, this sign taunts me just a bit.



Allergies to tomatoes make this a no-no. Which is oh so very sad.



Allergies to anything really yummy going into this cup keep it empty. Mint tea? Sooo NOT coffee.



In an effort to avoid gluttony I am not eating the left over Valentines Day candy that is on my desk. (Yet)




The worst of all… the red pen.. that means “more work needed” on my short stories. I love my editor. I hate editing.




…. Which reminds me of what I really should be doing right now.

7 comments:

Robin said...

I quit smoking over ten years ago and a pack of Marlboro reds still taunts me...

Are those Valentine's candy corn? How cool is that!

Carletta said...

Hi Kay,
Your words describing sitting down with friends and the atmosphere surrounding you brought back lots of memories for me. Thanks.
Love the red coffee cup!
If you still have Valentine's Day candy I don't think you have to worry about gluttony. :)

Mojo said...

Ugh. Life without coffee or salsa?

I would die.

Ralph said...

Agree on the butts, but Marlboro red is an attractive dark shade of red...Too bad about the tomatoes, that salsa, sauce, or whatever looks delicious. So the red pottery completes what perfect Tuesday reds should look like!

Koe Whitton-Williams said...

Hi Kay - Have you heard the song blue red and gray by the who? I think it's my favorite song with 'red' in the title. . . How could you not eat the valentine candy yet? I've even been eating the candy my children got. congratulations on the blog's anniversary and 200 posts. Both are nice accomplishments. And I was glad to read that you're still working diligently! on the short stories.

Linnea W said...

I think those cigarette signs take a lot of us back to those days you described! I never smoked, but I can remember those nights I spent in smoke filled bars! It didn't bother me then, though. I guess I was having too much fun. You always present such interesting shots and comments for your photo memes. Keep up the great work and happy blogversary! Thanks for stopping by my RT post...

Raven said...

Fun post. I love your red cup. Hope you are feeling better.