STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

Red to Eat, Drink, and Wear

Yes indeed it is time again for a photo featuring a bit of red for this week’s edition of Ruby Tuesday.

I wish I could delight you with pretty photos of red sunsets or gorgeous rd flowers or bizarre and strangely alluring red somethings of some sort but alas, it has been a pretty typical week over here in Kay-land.

Typical means eating healthy dinners such as this:



Yes, I know.. that isn’t healthy at all. Well, you have a point and I think I will leave it at that.

Yes mother, I do eat better sometimes… most noticeably on the weekends when The Maifan-San not only reminds me to eat but also has this endearing habit of actually cooking food for me.

For example, the other weekend we decided to celebrate the middle of winter with an outdoor barbeque.



If you ever wonder why I love living here, read that last sentence again.

Ok, but where is the red, you are asking yourself?

Not only did The Maifan-San provide me with manly cooked meat products and mango,

But there was also this bit of “Mmmm’



I do enjoy me some of that.



And apparently when I have had myself three of these things I lose track of my camera and end up taking such "artistic" shots as this





Or maybe this.



And then someone takes my camera away from me and turns it against me.



(Insert your own joke here.)

I promise, what I was saying was very important and really they should have been taking notes instead of taking photos.

Anyway, I am wearing red and drinking red and thus ends my Ruby Tuesday rant for the night.


Happy Tuesday!

12 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like it was a fun day.

My RT is up. here, if you get a chance to stop by.

Joyd said...

H aha ha,, Daiquiri ,, love it!!!! me ... I can only have 2 or else,, I'll be artistic too ha ha ha..

Keep warm!!!! here is mine http://whenmomtalks.com/2009/02/ruby-shoes.html

Melli said...

Yea... yea... yea... BLAME it on the daiquiris! LOL! You at least had some red FUN this week!

Lisa said...

Those are fun! I love that last photo of you!

splummer said...

Hi!
Great RED photos! Looks like your having fun!! That last photo is great!! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Ralph said...

Red candy, red soda (or is it pop?) and red meat on the grille. Looks like a sea of red, all of it tasty! You have it made near the Bay area, you can cook outside and eat in the winter. Up here, a warm day is 50° F, nod friendly to outdoor dining!

Tink *~*~* said...

Adult beverages - now you're speaking my language! ;)

Tink *~*~*
NEW at My Mobile Adventures *~*~*: RED Signs at Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Pia K said...

No meat for me thanks, but that strawberry daiquiri and the mango, oh yes please! Looks like relaxed fun, in a few months I'll be able to get that in my garden too (and that's why I love to live here...;)

Raven said...

Kay world seems like a pretty cool place with daiquiri's and outdoor barbeques in winter and cookies too. Fun Ruby Tuesday post. Green and no snow just makes my heart sing.

Carletta said...

What a fun post!
I'm seriously craving daiquiri's and laughter at the moment - :)

Dianne said...

we BBQ here in the middle of the winter too - we just wear parkas and boots and put the grill in the carport ;)

you look so cute drinking it up

maryt/theteach said...

Kay, really good idea to barbeque outside in winter! Did you barbeque beef and eat it rare (i,e, RED inside) Happy Ruby Tuesday! and Happy Valentine's Day! :)