STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



Meme Announcement: The Seven Deadly Sins!


We are currently in the midst of Lent… well actually Lent just started but already you might be sick of hearing about it. I, for one, like the idea of self sacrifice. Especially if it means more sweets, meats, or other vice like things left over for me.

I kid I kid… but lately I have been thinking about the idea of sin, vices, and about the idea of starting my own Blog Meme.

Put all that together, mix in the fact that it is indeed Ash Wednesday, and Viola!

Kay’s Seven Deadly Sins Meme!



(I am soooo not an artist)

Yes, many people will argue that the classic Seven Deadly Sins aren’t exactly “sins” but more like vices that lead to sinning... but why nitpick?

Here’s how it works:

Starting on Friday (this coming Friday the 27th) I will announce the Sin of the Week and load up a Mr. Linky. You then get to mull over that Sin of the Week and after careful contemplation, you will blog about it. Now, you might be like Raven who isn’t afraid of essay writing… or you might be like Mojo who has thousands of photos in his archive, or you might be like Jay who brings his own brand of very special humor to his current photo memes…Whatever dips your Oreo my friends.

(And yes I hope to guilt them encourage these fine bloggers to participate by linking to their wonderful blogs.)


After you have written about it (long or short, funny or serious, regular or decaf) or posted a photo for it, or heck even come up with a dessert recipe for the Sin of the Week… come back to the original post and leave a comment and your name in Mr. Linky so that we all can go visit your blog and see what mischief you have gotten up to. And yes, extra points for mischief.

Points? Yes… you get 1 Point for each blog post that relates.

Each Friday I will post a new Sin of the Week until we are all out of our Seven Deadly Sins. (And yes I know that we all already know what they are…Shhh!)

Anyway, for every point you earn during the seven weeks, you will get an entry into the Sin Drawing and after all the sinfully amazing blogs are in, I will draw out a winner.

The prize is yet to be announced.. but I promise it will be Sin-Tacular.

Check back Friday for our first sin!



Note: The point of this is for fun… Please no hateful emails about how this exercise is offensive to Catholics. I happen to like (some) Catholics. This meme is in no way meant to be used to mock anyone’s religious beliefs. It isn’t like I am running a ”How I Broke The Ten Commandments This Week” meme or anything.

(Yet)

5 comments:

Mojo said...

Yes, I did notice the "yet"...
Okay, I figure I've got "Gluttony" pretty well covered. So tell me... do I have to provide photographic evidence of my own sinning, or can it just be representative. 'Cause I may have a problem with "Lust"... I hate getting slapped.

Cavan said...

Back in 2005, I made the astonishing discovery that by blogging, you can commit all seven at once!

http://www.blurredline.com/blog/2005/05/why-i-blog.html

Jay said...

Okay, I'm doing it!

BTW, you're blog isn't not showing up in my Google Reader. The last two posts haven't appeared. Not sure why. I still know how to get here, but thought I'd let you know.

Dianne said...

I'll do it too!! I'll check back on Friday ;)

JayRod said...

After you finish your 7 dealy sins, you should do totally do a 10 commandments one. I listened to a podcast where they went over all 10 commandments and it was interesting to think about in modern terms.