STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

The band played and it was great!

For the Ruby Tuesday entry this week I am inviting you all to flash back to one of my marvelous Tokyo adventures….

I have told you before about Shinjuku station, the main subway station that we were near. I have even told you that it was huge and full of stores and restaurants and fancy lights….

Today I am going to tell you about the band.

On our last night in Tokyo, The Maifan-San and I were tooling around enjoying the lights, the people, and in general thinking ourselves pretty cool for seeing so many nifty things in the city.



We turned the corner around the station and found this;




Yes, that’s right… a Japanese Big Band playing Japanese Big Band music.

In a word, awesome!!!!



The sound quality isn’t all that great but here is a video of them playing. And yes, the song is rather long...****



Now these guys really knew how to put on a show… and how often do you get to see stuff like this?

I was so enamored with them that I shelled out 100 yen (about 10 bucks) for a CD...



,,,and then even went all hyper school girl on them and got them to sign it for me.





The CD is amazing by the way, a lot of fun to listen to and a great thing to have on in the background during a quiet breakfast of scrambled eggs and blueberry muffins. (Sometimes I love my life.)

Anyway, I have played it a zillion times since we came back and think it is my favorite souvenir from Tokyo.

So, there you have it. Happy RT everyone.

*** After three hours (2 nights in a row) of attempting to upload the video to youtube, I gave up and went to bed. If anyone can give me advice on how to upload a longish video to youtube…. It will earn you a whole bunch of internet good will.

3 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Kay, very interesting! I wish I could hear the video but I have no idea how to upload videos :( Happy Ruby Tuesday!

Kay said...

I know how to upload it.. but I think it is just way too long... and I don't know how to edit it.

Oh well.

superrelish said...

Can't help with the upload or edit, but I would love to see it if you do ever get it uploaded - it looks like fun.