STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



Happy New Year’s Everyone!

Last night we rang in the New Year with a laid back party type gathering. Jessica and I did some last minute shopping at the dollar store and the Fremont Food Max and viola! A party happened!

She made the most amazing meatballs… they had jelly and chili sauce and something else.. I don’t know, I was busy making brownies that turned out to be cookies… but whatever it was that she put in them, it was amazing. Yes, amazing… I’ll say it again.. Amazing!

We also had cookies, cookies, colorful rice krispie treats, cookies, veggies, chips, cookies… You know what, hang on a sec.

Mmm cookies….

(Yes Mom, I am eating cookies in bed. Don’t worry, the bed is all naked because I am in process of doing 5 loads of laundry, one of which is a load of my sheets. It is taking forever by the way… you know how long it takes to dry flannel sheets? I’ll give you a hint: Forever.)

Ahem… there were also mini tacos, pinwheel type BLTs, candy necklaces, wine, and pie… and cookies. There might have been more but I was too busy enjoying the wine and the cookies and the meatballs to notice.

Anyway, contrary to the way it looks I was going to write about more than food. Really.

I have some of the greatest friends ever. Between Jessica and her meatballs, Mark, Stacy, Patrick, Jeff, Gina, Kristen, Kenneth, Matthew… and heck let’s throw in Brad since he made a tiny sort of cameo. You all helped make last night great.

For those of you on my Facebook Friend List, photos are up… go forth and laugh at us seeing how many people we could jam onto a Twister board

Oh, and before anyone asks… the theme of last night’s shin dig was PJs… At one point we realized that all the gals were in their pajamas, but the guys were not. That all changed after a floor show by Patrick that will haunt my dreams, err I mean live on in infamy along with his mad skills at Trivial Pursuit.

I hope you all had a great evening as well… Cheers to the year that was and cheers to the year that is!

4 comments:

Jay said...

That sounds like some fun times!

Happy New Year!

DCup said...

I think cookies in bed are fine anytime.

I hope that 2009 is happy, healthy and peaceful for you!

Dawn on MDI said...

You're kidding! The one pound of grape jelly meatballs?? Can you get me the recipe?!?!?!?! Please?!?!?!? I've been looking for that recipe for almost three years!!! Gotta have it!!!

JayRod said...

I love me some red rice krispy squares!

And cookies in bed = fun, crums in bed = ants.