STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



Painting The Town Red

Yes indeed, it’s Ruby Tuesday!

And because it is, after all, December…. Here are a few holiday type RT photos. *From the mall... because nothing says Holiday Magic like Sales and Shoppng and Standing In Line and Dinner at The Pretzel Stand....











Now on to the interesting ones yes?

Last week The (Green Eyed Studmuffin of a) Man and I met up with a gaggle of Skepchick bloggers and readers and hangers-on in the lovely Red tinted 500 Club in SF.

Do you read Skepchick? You should… a whole lot of interesting stuff goes on over there… critical thinking stuff, science stuff, snark stuff, even the occasional political or cute animal type stuff.

Anyway, on Wednesday we drank Pan Galactic Gargle Blastors and other delightful creations while flipping through pin up calendars. The (Green Eyed Studmuffin of a) Man somehow lucked out and didn’t get his photo taken but here are a few of me and the other amazing Skepchicks and Skepdudes… all bathed in the lovely red glow of bar lights.





The PBGBs... and yes that is dry ice.



This is cranberry juice. Absolutely Cranberry Juice.



Yours Truly with the awesome Skepchick bag... and a teeny tiny bit of The (Red Eyed Studmuffin of a) Man... and even Sean in the background!



Jeff aka Happy RT everyone!Detroitus holding court in his science tee.



And the marvleous A (our hostess)





(Thank you A. for a great evening… and for the use of the PGGB photo!)

13 comments:

Mojo said...

Is that an xkcd t-shirt? How cool!

Jay said...

That dudes t-shirt is cool. I like that.

detroitus said...

Yaay!! People like my shirt!

Dianne said...

I love your commentary, it makes the delightful photos even better!

Jeff B said...

Absolutely cranberry juice. . . ha, I liked that one.

Ralph said...

Plenty of reds to go around. I like the cranberry cocktail in red, of course. Nicer though is the red tone that envelops your subjects (yourself included). It is a glow that is hard to describe: not angelic, not eerie but warm and inviting - the soft glow of friends...

Pagan Sphinx said...

Looks like fun but I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out which one is Stud Muffin. I'm kinda slow that way. ;-)

Anthroslug said...

@ Pagan Sphinx -

"I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out which one is Stud Muffin."

So am I.

Kay said...

@Mojo and Jay: You think his tee shirt is cool, check out his blog : )

@Detroitus: See… I blog-loved you. Now share the joy!

@Dianne: I am a big fan of commentary, don’t worry, there will be more!

@Jeff: I wondered how many people would “get” that….

@Ralph: Yes, bar lights do tend to cast a friendly glow don’t they?

@Pagan Sphinx: Stud Muffin man is The Man, Oh… should I post more photos of him? Well… if you insist…

@Anthroslug: I now dub you Sir Stud Muffin Man. (Until I change my mind… I think it is the girlfriend’s prerogative to rename you on a whim….)

Chris said...

I'll hit the "surface" button and stop being a lurker since I seem to recognize the owner of those puppy-dog red eyes... I suppose it's my fault for not talking to him more often, but I had no idea there was someone else out there calling him Stud Muffin other than me :-)

Kay said...

Ahh yes, I don't always link when I write his name... He has been know 'round these parts as "The Man" for a while... pretty much since the blog began, but recently was promoted to Stud Muffin Man aka Anthroslug aka The Boyfriend aka Whatever I Feel Like Typing....

Anthroslug said...

Chris! You said you wouldn't reveal our secret love! Who else knows? Ryan? Your wife?

Chris said...

I knew it! Who else would have pecks like melons and knees of fringe? I suppose girlfriends take precedence over any naming rights I could possibly claim. We'll always have those magical nights on the SC wharf to cherish.

::chokes back a sob::