STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



Beware Falling Red

That’s right… It’s Ruby Tuesday!

First off, here is the photo that went along with this post. Since I forgot to attach it there, I will go ahead and put it here.



Aww aren’t they pretty? And no, there will be no photos of my equally pretty red tipped toes.

For today’s RT, let us journey back to the Tuesday before Thanksgiving when yours truly did some baking. Ok, a lot of baking.

There was this pie, Cherry with a crust.



This pie; Oreo Cookie Cream



This other Cherry pie.



Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (special birthday cookies for a very special birthday someone)



And home made bread. (and when I saw home made, I mean really home made… no cheating machines here.)



Whew!

Now, as any of you who happen to read this blog on a semi regular basis know, I am not big into the cooking. In fact, I hardly cook at all. But I love baking. With the weather getting cooler… I hope to do more baking soon. Say, late January once everything calms back down.

While baking I did have a bit of broken coffee mug drama.

The twin to this coffee mug…



.. ended up like this.






Broken on the floor because I didn’t see it as I was attempting to pull a large mixing bowl out of the top cupboard in our kitchen. Down it fell and shattered.





But how pretty are the pieces of the glass that fell upon my head…



Happy Tuesday everyone…. May you all have a great week!

12 comments:

Melli said...

Ohhhh dear... I hate it when that happens. I think you should have SLICED that cherry pie so I could SEE those YUMMY red cherries inside.... *nods*... and your fingers are lovely!

Dora said...

The homemade bread looks so different from what i got from bakery...Wonder how it tastes...

Pia K said...

That nailpolish is gorgeous, and very apt for RT, and the cherry pies look mouthwatering. Poor, poor mug though, I hope its twin isn't too sad...

maryt/theteach said...

Kay, I LOVE cherry pie! I LOVE your RED nails! And I'm sorry about the RED cup :( Happy Ruby Tuesday! :)

Raven said...

Belated happy birthday! Pretty nails, pretty food (that oreo cream pie looks especially intriguing)... and sad broken cup. But clearly the cup tragedy didn't stop you from cooking up a collection of wonderful goodies.

crazy working mom said...

I ♥ the red nails! :)
I'll also have a slice of cherry pie. Sorry to see the mug shattered.

My first Ruby Tuesday.

Ralph said...

The pies are to die for, but hey, nothing like flour, butter, sugar (lots of it) are wonderful to eat and enjoy...worry about calories, fat, carbs some other day. Especially not on your birthday!

Pity the mug...like it had legs or something

Jay said...

Three things I really love: Pie, Cookies and homemade bread. Mmmmmmm ;-)

Dianne said...

belated birthday greetings!!

love all these shots, very creative

and wow can you bake!!

Sara Chapman in Seattle said...

Absolutely gorgeous nails. And the coffee cup drama was appreciated, too. My first visit to your blog. Good photos AND writing, too! An abundance of riches.

DCup said...

That all looks delicious! And yes - those are gorgeous red nails. Red is my favorite nail polish color.

JayRod said...

I miss Kaybread =(