STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



ZZzzzz

I had a great weekend… did you?

One of the best parts about the weekend is spending time with the Man… but another really really really great part about my weekends is the simple matter of…

Sleeping In.



Even if it is only to 8:00… it is worth it.

Because normally…



I don’t sleep in. I get up at 6:30 and leave my apartment at 6:47. I am just grateful that I am low maintenance enough to be able to pull that off. I am also grateful that I do get to sleep in to 6:40 and that I don’t have to get up any earlier.

Oh.. and grateful that because of daylight savings, I get morning views on my walk to work like this.




So there you go, a short and sweet Ruby Tuesday…. Now I am off to listen to my editor tell me all the things I need to do to turn my most recent series of words and sentences into a story worth reading.

14 comments:

Dora said...

Like the last pic! Nice scenery. Happy RT!

Jay said...

Best thing about the weather turning colder here is that it's great sleeping weather.

~Just Me~ said...

Nice shots. My alarm is set for 5:10. I leave my house at 6, and am at work at 6:30. So sleeping in for me is a good thing too lol.

Robin said...

I can't believe you can get up and out that fast. Even before I had kids (heck, especially before i had kids) I wasn't that fast-moving. Just the mere act of opening my eyes can take 15 minutes!

Beautiful sunrise though.

Robin said...

(though meaning "worth waking up for" of course - haven't had my second cup of coffee yet)

myrelish said...

Wow, I am impressed at how little time you take to get ready for work. Glad to hear you get an almost sleep in of a weekend!

Dianne said...

I don't think I've ever gotten ready in 17 minutes!!

Love the clock shot!!

Hope it went well with the editor.

Ralph said...

I never learn that as I age, I will still wake up early, even on a Weekend. I will wake up early even if I go to bed at midnight...

Up north, 6:29 means dark, not as bright and cheery as in CA. So it won't be light to my satisfaction until March. Sigh!

Pia K said...

Oh I'm getting tired just hearing - and seeing - that time of day, although that morning view looks fantastic! And your bed linen does look cute too, adore that pink nuance:)

Meeting with your editor, that sounds great, hope it went well!

Raven said...

Seventeen minutes prep time! That's like Wonderwoman or something. Do you have a magic phone booth? I love your post. I don't miss having to get up and go to work at all, though I do miss the income and the social contacts.

{i}Post said...

I love hearing that you walk to work! I love weekends too, with the idea of sleeping in. I rarely do, but the thought is just as delicious!

Darryl said...

17 minutes to get ready and out the door???


Slacker.

hehehe

JayRod said...

What's really sick is how quickly she showers. I'm not even sure she uses soap she does it so fast!

Kay said...

Wow, thank you all for swinging by!

Wanna hear something even better than the 17 min get ready fire drill? I am almost always ready quick enough to lay back down for 5 to 10 mins of extra snoozing.

Seriously, brush teeth, brush hair, wash face, put on clothes, pick up purse… what else is there?