STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)


Also, don't forget to visit Kaylia's Official Website where you can get information about Kaylia's upcoming events, and learn more about her free lance writing and other publications.

Cute... or Just Creepy?

Ruby Tuesday!

Ok ok ok… I will have flowers in my Ruby Tuesday… at least this one time.

Sometimes the photos are cute… sometimes they feel slightly stalker-ish and creepy. You decide.

We took a break from the rainy weather and went to Monterey for the afternoon on Sunday where I saw these very pretty red flowers on the roof of the Hilton.




… and here is the slightly creepy counterpart.




There was also the red brick courtyard… and this photo is bad because I was trying to be all sneaky and take it without anyone noticing. Woot for candid photography yes?



And this is the same red brick area but from up on a balchony watching two children play.



Lastly, we stopped at Casa De Fruita for some dried fruit fun and to buy some fruity flavored wine (Jessica and I plan on trying the blackberry wine sometime next week). This is what greeted us when we pulled in.




Demonic and creepy yes? (The pumpkin, not the man)

It gets better.



Or worse, depending on how you look at it… I tried not to look at it for long.

I mean really… why would this make you want to pull off the road and pay too much for dried fruit? Who falls for that?

Oh, right.


Anyway, I think they went beyond the scope of even possible cute with those two.

And now I have scarred you for life.

Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

Pia K said...

Ah your weather looks fantastic, as much as I love our Nordic seasons I'd also love to have some warmth and sun write now. With age comes grumpiness and I think it's to darn cold when the temperature show below +10 degrees C (sorry, no idea what that is in F, too cold anyway:).

That top bougainvillea looks great and nope I wouldn't fancy stopping buying anything at a store with such nasty looking signs.

Mojo said...

Heh. You think you can scar me for life with a few photos? Maybe crime scene photos, autopsy photos, J.P. Witkin photos but these?

I scoff.

Robin said...

What a fun romp through your day. I do the stealth photo thing too. I find it works better if you're photographing someone's back ;-).

Gattina said...

Lucky you ! still having warm weather and being able to take pictures of FRESH flowers !!

Anthroslug said...

Mojo: I am tempted to send Kay some photos that I acquired during grad school - be afraid...be very afraid...

Kay said...

Pia: It is still sunny.. but getting cold.. which unnerves me a bit… seems like cold should come with clouds.

Mojo: That seems like a challenge…..

Robin: Yes, I have a few photos of The Man’s back… and he has several of mine.

Gattina: Yes the flowers are always better fresh… and best of all when delivered :P

Anthroslug: We are so on the same mind track with this. Mojo! Beware!

maryt/theteach said...

You've scarred me and scared me, Kay! And who would name a store Casa de Fruita? Huh? :)