STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

Showing… Sentimental Object!






(and also part of me)

This necklace is special. It was given to me by my mentor, my guru, my leader, my teacher, my dear and beloved friend. The occasion was that I was graduating from college. I had followed my bliss and gotten my degree in the hot field of English: Emphasis on Creative Writing and Postmodern Deconstructionist Theory. Marketable? Well, no. Fun to say at parties? Kind of. Providing me with the lifelong ability to reel that off and sound (sort of) impressive? Totally.

The little stone is Amethyst… which is said to increase whatever it is next to. This is why even though it is the clasp and some people keep encouraging me to ‘fix” the necklace, I let it stay right there next to the big stone.

The main stone is a Moonstone which is said to stand for “Potential’ and “Protection” depending on how it is used. Her words to me were that I should strive to always protect my potential…. She believed that I had oodles of it and had faith that no matter what direction life took me, as long as I was listening to my heart and following a dream, I would be okay.

I don’t take it off. It stays on during sex, showers, swimming, sleeping…. Eventually people ask me about it and I tell them; this was a gift from a wise woman. I wear it with pride.

(post inspired by the Show Me Photo Project over at Thoughts From A Fathe)

11 comments:

Gattina said...

That's a lovely hanger ! I love moonstones !

Carletta said...

What a beautiful necklace! I'm a beader myself and I have to say those are wonderful stones.
Leaving the smaller stone next to the larger one adds interest.
Lovely.

Raven said...

How wonderful to have something that carries not only it's both yours and its own energy and symbolism, but the love of someone who was so important in your life. Beautiful.

dianne - bunny trails said...

That's so beautiful. And so precious having the meaning and value from such an important person in your life. How lovely.

Bazza said...

Loved the 'fun to say at parties ' line. A very nice necklace.

Bazza said...

I loved your 'fun to say at parties' line. nice necklace too.

Jenny @ Daily Dose of Motherhood said...

Wow, what an incredible story and gift! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Dr.John said...

Thanks for sharing an object given to you by someone that had a real impact on your life.

Anndi said...

It's beautiful, Kay. Just like you.

Robert said...

A gift from someone special makes the item much more special than the item alone. Thanks for sharing it. :)

Kay said...

Thank you all. I totally meant to add in that it is the ONLY piece of jewelry that I actually wear… no rings, ear rings, or bracelets for me! Ahh well, guess my brain isn’t crystal when I am posting at midnight.

Again, thank you, and thank you for reading!