STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy these Reviews, Responses, Works of Fiction, and Retellings brought to you by one who hopes to someday join the ranks of those who have written something worth reading.
(Kaylia Metcalfe)

Surface Dweller

We went back to her place because it was closer and because I was legitimately interested in seeing her art. Sleeping with her, sure, but art was what had brought me out to the gallery opening on such a gross rainy night in the first place and art had been the focus of our conversation for at least an hour before it dawned on me that she might be interested in more than just my ranting about the importance of oil paints as an aesthetic choice and water marks on paintings. Her overzealous and almost painful exuberance in the cab ride had not only embarrassed the driver but had also made it crystal clear.

Thank you for reading this teaser. For more information regarding this, or any other work of fiction, please contact Kay at kaylia_marie@yahoo.com

1 comment:

JayRod said...

I know you might not believe me when I say this, but this is one of the best things you have ever written. Not only was a surprised multiple times, but it was very descriptive and really I just fell into the story and I was the woman looking at the painting. Wow is about all I thought after I read it.