STICKY

PERHAPS WE LEARNED SOMETHING.....
…Perhaps we were only mildly entertained. Regardless, please enjoy! If you are looking for Kaylia's official Website please visit KayliaMetcalfeWriter



Night Scape

I am standing in my living room listening to the quiet. There is no wind tonight, no cars hurrying by, and no animal noises even thought the windows are open. It is late, or early depending on how you look at it, and I have paused in my pacing to listen to the complete silence of the world.

I am not sleeping tonight. It isn’t a matter of not wanting to sleep because I know that sleep is good for me, that I need it, and that tomorrow (later today) is going to be rough without it. It isn’t even that I can’t sleep. If I were to take a few of my little white pills, I am sure I would be able to fall asleep. I have had to turn to them in the past and I don’t feel any shame. But, tonight I am not interested to sleeping.

Thank you for reading this teaser. For more information regarding this, or any other work of fiction, please contact Kay at kaylia_marie@yahoo.com

No comments: